RE: [SI-LIST] : SI References/Book Price Search Engines

From: Steinkogler, Gary ([email protected])
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 11:52:46 PDT

If you purchase any of the books that the si-list has recommended - here is
a list of search engines that I use. They will search all on-line bookstores
to give you hopefully the best price. I buy a lot of books and they have
saved me many dollars. You still have to watch them though, as I sometimes
get the best price from my local Barnes & Noble, Borders, or Micro Center.
Just to give you an idea, I am purchasing a book, Solid State Electronic
Devices by Ben Streetman, best price on www.dealtime.com is $96.45(includes
$4.95 shipping - 5-10 days arrival from www.a1books.com), while the best
price on www.addall.com is $54.64(includes $7.08 shipping - 5-7 days arrival
from England from www.amazon.co.uk). I usually use US companies, but when
there is that much of a difference, I will go elsewhere.

Here are my 4 favorite website book price search engines:

www.dealtime.com

www.bestedeal.com

www.addall.com - this website also has discount coupons listed by the book

www.bestbookbuys.com

One other website has discount coupons for books = www.kovalchikfarms.com -
scroll down to search button, on left hand side of screen is bookstores
codes. It will give you a list of discount coupons for website bookstores.

Also here are 3 of my favorite search engines for information:

www.beaucoup.com +2,500 search engines

www.dogpile.com

www.copernic.com - you will have to download their free basic copernic
2001 package from the internet. This is one of my favorites. You can ask
specific topics and get good results - like coplanar waveguide with ground
calculator and it will come back with a website.

Gary

Gary Steinkogler
Optical Solutions
16305 36th Ave. North