RE: [SI-LIST] : Any standards of the derating of Capacitors,Resit ors, and inducto rs?

From: ªL´Â·× ([email protected])
Date: Sun Mar 25 2001 - 19:50:53 PST

Dear Steve,
Could you please suggest how to derive the equation, you show below?

Series R power = ( ( Vswing / 2 ) ^ 2 / Rterm ) * Tflight * Symbol_rate. (
2 * Tflight cancels Symbol_rate / 2 )

Does somebody have any clues about the derivation of the equation?

Thank you for your comments.

Best Regards,

John Lin
Senior SI Engineer, Server Team, ARD4