RE: [SI-LIST] : How to model effect of vias on nearby traces?

From: Patel, Bhavesh ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 22 2001 - 17:17:50 PST

Hi! I agree with Aubrey that no SPICE tool can look at the effect of cahnge
in impedance when the trace is routed adjacent to an anti-pad or via because
I tried playing with Specctraquest which gives you the parasitics of a
segment of a trace and the impedance remained the same when I moved the via
away.
Do you know which field solver can look at this issue? Because I wanted to
see if I route a differential high speed trace around multiple vias(forms a
hexagon when it encounters a via)if ther is any impedance change.
Thanks
Bhavesh