Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: approximations for partial self inductance - WHY

From: Sainath Nimmagadda ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 10:31:53 PST

Dear Michael,

Thank you! I am glad my two cents were well spent. Correct me if I am
not correct, solutions that use matrices as a way assume closed form
(integrals ?) of equations (discretization and attending computational
stuff assumed). If that is not correct, following paragraph may be
ignored and I am going to learn something new.

If that is correct, the solution methods you mentioned give misleading
answers where the current loops are not naturally closed or imagined.
That is expected via the nature of solution method. However, there are
solution methods based on differential equations that don't use
matrices. For example, FDTD. I wonder if some one out there has some
related experience (FDTD or other) to share. Knowing how those methods
work, my intuition is their experience would be a bit more pleasant.

Thanks again,
Sainath