[SI-LIST] : Effect of anti-pads on impedance of trace?

From: Patel, Bhavesh ([email protected])
Date: Tue Mar 20 2001 - 10:06:44 PST

Hi! I wanted to know what is the effect on the impedance or any parasitics
of the trace when the trace is routed through pressfit connectors i.e does
the anti-pads that we generally put on each pin of the connector for each
layer. Does the impedance of the trace change when it encounters these
anti-pads and if it does is TDR the best way to look at these impedance
changes or is ther any tool that can tell you what is the effect on the
impedance of the trace.
Thanks
Bhavesh