Re: [SI-LIST] : Re: approximations for partial self inductance - WHY

From: Sainath Nimmagadda ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 18:59:00 PST

Dear Mike,

Good point. Strictly speaking and from a closed solution (analytical) point, we
should not attach any physical significance to individual partial inductances.
But, from a discretized solution (computational) point - which is the way we are
being driven by technology, such as the finite-difference time-domain for
example, is it not a mathematical convenience to consider those individual
partial inductances - especially where one does not know how and where the
current loops are closing - to obtain some first-cut answers? Just another view.

Regards,
Sainath