Re: [SI-LIST] : Total Conductive and dielectric Losses for a microstrip trace

From: Matt Bibee ([email protected])
Date: Fri Mar 02 2001 - 10:36:28 PST

Your tool should give you the per meter RLGC matrices at your desired
frequency. The classic equation is:
alpha=Re{sqrt[(R + jwL)(G +jwC)]} where alpha is in Nepers/m. I forget the
conversion factor. That's the total loss. Is there an advantage to seperating
loss into conductor and dielectric? If you have it available the hspice W
element can accept RLGC params in matrix format and will model skin and
dielectric loss.