Re: [SI-LIST] : Total Conductive and dielectric Losses for a micr ostrip trace

From: WAUGH,RAY (A-SanJose,ex1) ([email protected])
Date: Thu Mar 01 2001 - 15:31:38 PST

You can use Martin Schneider's equation to compute dielectric losses (see
attached file, taken from my 1999 seminar).

I think your value of tan delta (0.010) is a bit optimistic. In many cases,
manufacturer's data are optimistic, or taken at 1 MHz (where you are not).

Ray
   Raymond W. Waugh - WSD Applications
   E-mail: [email protected]
           Wireless Semiconductor Division