C.A.R.A is incorporated as a non-profit corporation under the laws of Mississippi.
The Purpose of C.A.R.A. is:
- promoting the advancement of the Amateur Radio Service;
- enhancing the value of Amateur Radio Service to the public, particularly with respect to providing emergency communications;
- providing an organization for joint contributions to the advancement of the radio art;
- encouragement and improvement of amateur Radio Service by providing means and facilities for advancing skills in both the communication and technical phases of the art for
education, civic, social, research and recreational purposes;
- providing suitable facilities for meeting of members; owning and operating an amateur radio station;
- affiliating or co-operating with the American Radio Relay League,Inc. and other organizations interested in the promotion of Amateur Radio Service and the radio art;
- and the support of any literary or scientific undertaking promoting the advancement of the radio art.
It shall be the policy of C.A.R.A. to join with other Local, National & International Amateur radio groups, as appropriate, to provide unity of Action in supporting all aspects of Amateur Radio.