Re: [SI-LIST] : basic design question

From: Doug Brooks ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jun 06 2001 - 09:17:56 PDT

One solution is to "Y" the trace at the source. From the output run two 50
Ohm traces, one to each connector pin, both equal length. Drivers usually
don't care about the driving impedance, and there is no impedance
discontinuity along either trace to cause reflections.

Doug Brooks

>I have a 133MHz DUT Board with 50 OHM traces, I have one output from the
>tester driving a signal which needs to reach the connector in two
>different locations but if I "T" the signal i will receive reflections on
>the signal is there another solution which would reduce reflections, and
>keep the signal clean.
>

>Thanks
>Adam

Doug Brooks' book, "Electrical Engineering for the Non-Degreed Engineer is
now in its 3rd printing. Learn about it at www.ultracad.com