[SI-LIST] : Looking for SI Positions

From: Jim Conrad ([email protected])
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 12:18:52 PDT

Hi All,

I was recently a part of Dell's downsizing and I am currently looking for a
signal integrity position. I have two years experience in Dell's desktop
and server SI groups along with some PWB manufacturing experience. I am
currently in Austin, TX and would be willing to relocate. My resume is
listed below. I have also attached it as a word document. If you have any
questions, let me know. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Jim Conrad

JAMES D. CONRAD
13401 Metric Blvd., Apt. 523
Austin, TX 78727
Home: (512) 989-8616
E-mail: [email protected]

SUMMARY
Electrical Engineer with two years of experience in Simulation/Signal
Integrity and PWB (Printed Wire Board) manufacturing. Recent projects
required interaction with different design teams on a cross-functional
basis. Knowledge of PWB manufacturing process where interfacing with
suppliers was critical to insure design constraints could be implemented
with minimal cost impact. Major strengths are organization, teamwork,
detailed documentation, and communication skills.

PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT

Software:
* Allegro Expert
* Apsim Spice and RLGC
* CAMNT Gerber File Viewer
* Workview Office
* Microsoft Office

Mindshare Classes:
* USB
* PCI
* P6 Architecture
* ISA System Architecture

Training Classes:
* High Speed Digital Design, Howard Johnson
* Electromagnetic Compatibility is Not Magic!, Bruce Archambeault
* Ansoft Maxwell 3-D Field Solver, Charles Grasso
* Specctraquest, John Horner
* 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, Stephen Covey

PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE

Dell Computer Corporation, Round Rock, Texas 1999
- 2001
Simulation Engineer

Performed board level simulations to insure a robust design. Verified
signal integrity design constraints were implemented into PWB designs.
Responsible for creation and distribution of PWB stackups. Led weekly
impedance standards meeting and ensured recommendations were implemented
Dell wide. Acted as signal integrity liaison between ECAD, PWB engineers
and manufacturing houses. Acted as signal integrity lead in
cross-functional team meetings charged with support of a storage and low-end
server project.

* Provided simulation support by creating stackups and impedance tables for
over 10 major programs involving several hundred Dell Server PWA
(Printed Wire Assembly) designs. This created a single point of contact for
distribution of data to the design teams.
* Responsible for signal integrity approval of PWB boards for modem.
* Wrote guidelines for Dell's impedance coupon designs that are currently in
use which simplified the impedance measurement process for suppliers.
* Established methodology for determining PWB stackups on new Dell designs
which simplified processes and interfaces with design teams.
* Developed spreadsheet to track PWB's in development and distributed this
information to group members, PWB engineers and suppliers.
* Set up a simplified version of the impedance table for the CAD drafter to
assist suppliers in adhering to Dell's requirements.
* Co-authored and distributed survey to entire Dell PWB supplier base on
material elements critical to board construction such as laminate/prepreg,
copper thickness and soldermask. Dell stackup models were modified to
incorporate the data in order for better correlation with supplier models.
* Performed simulations of the PCI/PCI-X bus to insure a robust design by
checking for flight time violations, overshoot and undershoot and problems
with vendor models.
* Created training documents on simulation tools and procedures for use by
new hires and department members.
* Executed electrical analysis test plans on Dell platforms.
* Established quality standards by writing a test plan for qualifying Rambus
memory suppliers for use on Dell platforms.

EDUCATION

B.S., Electrical Engineering
North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND

PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES

Sigma Phi Delta Professional Engineering Fraternity
        Elected to the following Executive Committee positions:
* Social Chairman
* Alumni Relations
        - Coordinated activities between actives and alumni.
        - Authored and distributed a monthly newsletter to all chapter
members using e-mail.

Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers