[SI-LIST] : Noise Margin Vs XTK simulation

From: [email protected]
Date: Thu May 31 2001 - 04:26:32 PDT

Hi Si gurus,
I am working with SI group on Pentium AGTL+ simulation. I worked out the Noise
margin for
Low and High level separately. For a victim net, XTK(Innoveda Tool) gives a
text report of cross talk from each aggressor net.
It gives a). Peak values(in mV) due to each aggressor, b). Sum of peaks and c).
Root Square Sum(rss) of peaks.

Now which of the above figure should be less than Noise margin value I computed
?.
Also how XTK result values to be compared with High or Low level Noise magin ?.
If my question is wrong how to use the results of XTK to ensure that the Noise
margin is met ?

Please someone shed more light on this issue.
Thanks
Senthil, Design Manager, FORCE Computers India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore-20.