Re: [SI-LIST] : High speed board to board connection

From: Mike Saunders ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 29 2001 - 09:01:15 PDT

Jon,

I've also used mictors with much success for various analyzer or
board-to-board applications, but they do sometimes need to be reinforced
mechanically. The nice thing is their matched impedance (and thus the
name) and ground "plane" running through the middle. Also, as previously
mentioned, don't plan on using them for power (use for signals only).
Although you call out only the need for board-to-board interconnect, some
others may be interested in the analyzer application. For them, the
locking tab which mates with the analyzer mictor, or "shroud" as specified
below, is available through:

Precision Interconnect Corp.
(503) 620-9400
16640 SW 72 ND Avenue