[SI-LIST] : High speed board to board connection

From: Shahar Eytan ([email protected])
Date: Sat May 26 2001 - 02:00:16 PDT

Hi All,

I'm looking for a solution for connecting a motherboard to a daughter card.
The signals between the boards are 2.5Gb/s differential (total of 8 pairs,
and maybe few low speed control lines).
In addition, I'll need to have a power connector for each of the daughter
cards (I thought to separate the two connectors for mechanical strength).

Do you have any suggestions regarding pairs of connectors (signal and power)
that can fit into my design. Of course they should be as short as possible
in order to fit in the chassis, and with the same height so the daughter
card will be parallel to teh main board.

I thought of Mictor connector for the signals, what do you think of this
connector for board to board connection? Any idea of a power connector with
the same height?

Thanks,

Shahar Eytan
Mellanox Technologies Ltd.