Re: NEC-LIST: Negative resistance?

From: D. B. Miron ([email protected])
Date: Wed Apr 25 2001 - 13:53:45 PDT

Good day Jian,

I was waiting to see what the more
hardware-oriented/equipped people on the list would tell
you, but I haven't seen any traffic, so I'll comment. You
are testing the antenna in a high-Q environment in which
relatively small amount of input will actually be radiated
as compared to going into reactive storage, or bouncing
around the walls. My experience with network or impedance
analyzers is that they have trouble measuring high-Q loads.
You should be very careful about the short- and open-circuit
calibration at your test frequencies. In the past, I have
found a slotted line more useful than an impedance analyzer
for some high-Q loads.

Doug Miron