[SI-LIST] : CRIETERIA FOR CHOOSING VALUE OF Z0

From: Chandan ([email protected])
Date: Tue May 22 2001 - 10:04:33 PDT

Hi Everybody,

On all the motherboards that I have designed, the
chipset vendors specify the characteristic impedance
of the traces of the various signals involved. For
example, Intel specifies a value of 60 ohms for their
440BX chipset.
In the absence of such recommendations, on what basis
do I choose the value of characteristic impedance for
my traces?

Thanks,
Chandan