Re: [SI-LIST] : 2.4 mm connectors/cables

From: [email protected]
Date: Fri May 18 2001 - 10:58:40 PDT

Mike:

Unless you are looking to tool up for volume production, and/or have large
amounts of time on your hands, I would recommend that you avoid the hassles
of building your own cable assemblies. Its much faster and easier to
purchase standard or even custom cable assemblies. You can waste a lot of
time trying to get the process down, and in testing the assemblies, and this
is one area where doing it yourself can really be a false economy. There are
cable assembly houses out there with experience in the 30 GHz range.

 You didn't mention whether you need these for test purposes or for use in a
> product. That can make a difference in the type of company you want to work
> Below are links to some online catalogs of a few companies who I
have had good luck with. I have mostly purchased cable assemblies for use in
test set ups.

<A HREF="http://www.hubersuhner.com/m-t+m/m-t+m-cat.htm">http://www.hubersuhner.com/m-t+m/m-t+m-cat.htm> <A HREF="http://www.goreelectronics.com/catalog/microwave_config_framepage.cfm">
http://www.goreelectronics.com/catalog/microwave_config_framepage.cfm> <A HREF="http://www.pasternack.com/main.htm">
http://www.pasternack.com/main.htm>