RE: [SI-LIST] : SpecctraQuest v Hyperlynx

From: Ken Cantrell ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 14 2001 - 15:19:03 PDT

Carlos,
Do you have 3D-solvers yet? Or are still having the SI engineer put in
"typical" values on the interconnects? How about common and differential
mode emissions? Last I heard from one of your hitters on the east coast was
that you only had differential? Has that changed?
Have you ever used HyperLynx? If you haven't, you don't have the right to
comment on HyperLynx, or XTK, or XNS, or any vendor's software that you
haven't personally done a board with.
Please respond off-line from the SI list as I don't think I could take
another "unbiased point of view" from you on the list.
David,
Beware of salesmen bearing gifts. Cadence makes as good a package as any,
and better than most, but that has little bearing on what you need for your
application. You need to pick one or more from the many qualified
simulation vendors. The list is long, the competition is, for lack of a
better word, brutal. So take the promises with a grain of salt, review the
packages yourself, and pick the one that best suites your needs.
Ken