Re: [SI-LIST] : LVCML vs. SLVS

From: D. C. Sessions ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 23:05:28 PDT

On Monday 07 May 2001 18:02, [email protected] wrote:
> I assume that the "scalable" part of the name refers to the fact the levels
> are application specific, and the transmitter/receiver must be designed to
> work with each other on an individual basis.

No, actually the 'scalable' has to do with the fact that there's nothing to
prevent building an SLVS-300 (the current version is SLVS-400) when
CMOS technology makes that desirable.

One interesting property of SLVS is that an SLVS-400 driver will work
quite nicely with SLVS-300 receivers, or SLVS-250 receivers, or whatever
on down quite a ways due to the large difference between Vddq and Voh.
An SLVS-300 driver would drive an SLVS-400 receiver adequately if
not ideally.

> This sounds like it would be
> difficult to write a spec around something that is application specific.

Just the opposite.

> Another question: Is LVCML the same as CML, and is there an established spec
> for this interface?

To my knowledge there is no general specification for CML of any kind.

| I'm old enough that I don't have to pretend to be grown up.|
+----------- D. C. Sessions <[email protected]> ----------+