RE: [SI-LIST] : Simulation question.

From: Moran, Brian P ([email protected])
Date: Mon May 07 2001 - 19:26:10 PDT

Rahul; aka Whiz Kid

        When dealing with transmission lines your dealing with
characteristic impedance, not resistance. I assume you are confusing the
two. When you use a higher characteristic impedance, you generally have a
lower Er (dielectric constant) and therefore a higher trace propagation
velocity. For this reason higher impedance traces tend to propagate the
signal faster. Check out impednace and propagation velocity in the Motorola
ECL Handbook or some other reference book for the equations and
relationships.

Brian P. Moran
Signal Integrity Engineer
Intel Corporation