Re: [SI-LIST] : Clock Jitter

From: Vinu Arumugham ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 10:15:04 PDT

Saeen,

You are correct. If the manufacturer specifies "available setup time" and
"available hold time" on the data with respect to the clock at the driver
output, the system designer normally does not have to account for jitter.

In some designs however, the receiver may not use the same edge of the clock
relative to which the driver data timing is specified. In such cases, jitter
and/or duty cycle will have to be accounted for.

If the manufacturer specifies only max. skew between clock and data at the
driver output, then jitter and/or duty cycle needs to be accounted for.

Thanks,
Vinu