Re: [SI-LIST] : Question on transmission line simulation by HP ADS /Momentum

From: Nianci Wang ([email protected])
Date: Fri Apr 27 2001 - 16:21:18 PDT

Hi Ozgur,

Thank you for replying my question.
I understand Momentum does not model metal thickness. When I did in simulation,
I actually draw one metal layer and copy it to another metal layer. Between
these two metal layers, I defined a substrate like air and connected the two
metal layers by via. This is suggested by Momentum manual for modeling finite
metal thickness transmission line.

You are right, for zero thickness, two simulation results match very well.

Best Regards
Nianci