RE: [SI-LIST] : 2.5ghz simulations

From: C. Kumar ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 12:28:25 PDT

Sreejit:
In specctraquest you can do this in couple of ways. But all of them involve dealing with the spice files directly.
Following is an example for dc biasing
 vbias bias 0 'vbias_val'
  gdccond bias mynode i='if (time <= 0) (1e6 * v(bias, mynode)) else (0)'

  "Ingraham, Andrew" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >By the way, I often setup DC biasing that switches off shortly
> >after the transient simulation begins. This way I don't have
> >to wait for transients to settle out.
>
> how do i do this ? is this set in the sim. tool ? if yes then
> how do i do this in cadence?

If you were using SPICE, you can use .IC statements. These effectively
connect voltage sources to the nodes you specify, which are turned on only
during the initial transient solution (t=0) and disconnected immediately
after. You may also need to specify "UIC" in the .TRAN statement. (SPICE
explanations of how UIC and .IC and IC= affect simulations are never very
clear, and I am not sure whether all SPICE versions go by the same rules.)

Sorry, don't know how to do this in Cadence.

Andy