Re: [SI-LIST] : IBIS model gives numerous errors

From: Itzhak Hirshtal ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 23:08:55 PDT

Hello,

For your first question: This is a known feature with the V-I curves of IBIS
models, which
are purposely made non-monotonic. I don't know why ICX issues these messages,
perhaps because there can be non-monotonicities which are not good, but it's
hard to distinguish between them. Anyway, to get rid of the message and enable
you to load the model into your ICX environment, you should issue the following
command in the command window (open it from the "options" menu):

(setupIbisModelChecker '("monotonicCurves" "#f"))

(Type CR at the end of the command)

Type this command exactly as it appears above, with the appropriate capital
letters. Do it after you open your design view and before you try to load the
model. Good luck.

Stubbs, Jason wrote:

> I have an IBIS buffer model that I downloaded from Lucent for their ORCA 3T
> FPGA called OBZ12F that gives me numerous errors when I try to read it in to
> ICX as part of an IBIS part model. The errors are non-monotonic, and I
> usually try to correct these by editing the appropriate tables, but I'm not
> having any success with this model.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to remove non-monotonic
> errors?
>
> Also, regarding the IBIS spec, I know that [pullup] is referenced to Vcc &
> [pulldown] is referenced to GND, but is it the same for the [power clamp]
> and [GND clamp] or are they both referenced to GND?
>
> Regards
>
> Jason Stubbs

Itzhak Hirshtal
Elta Electronics