[SI-LIST] : 1/2 oz copper on high speed boards

From: Javin Olson ([email protected])
Date: Mon Apr 16 2001 - 06:48:21 PDT

I am working with a customer that is pushing for 1/2 oz copper for a
high speed board consisting of 2.5Gbps CML, 622Mhz LVDS, on down to
33Mhz processor speeds. I can see where moving to 1/2 oz copper will
not affect the high speed signals that much since most of the signal
will be on the surface of the high speed signal traces.

I am wondering though, how much, and what effect will the 1/2 oz copper
have on the normal TTL and CMOS signals running at 33-100Mhz?