[SI-LIST] : Material labs

From: Eric Bogatin ([email protected])
Date: Thu Apr 12 2001 - 07:27:16 PDT

Yuan-

GigaTest Labs routinely measures the dielectric properties of
materials from DC to over 40 GHz. We have a paper on our web site
that describes how we do this and some results on the dielectric
constant and dissipation factor for FR4. We do the measurements,
sell the complete system so anyone can do their own measurements,
and teach the methodology. For a particular FR4 sample, the
dielectric constant was 4.1 and dissipation factor was 0.0195,
both constant from about 50 MHz up to 10 GHz.

We'd be happy to talk to you about your packaging materials
electrical characterization needs.

Check out our web site at www.gigatest.com for copies of the app
notes and give us a call.

--eric