RE: [SI-LIST] : HSPICE W-element: frequency-dependent RLGC table

From: Marc Humphreys ([email protected])
Date: Wed Apr 11 2001 - 08:17:20 PDT

Hassan,

You are right, it will crash on NT so I suggest
not spending any more time pulling you hair out
and second guessing your setup.
Send your test circuit to
support and they'll tell you it works fine - on UNIX.

We ended up loading and running the UNIX version and
running that to test out the new W-element functionality.
If you have a floating license and a UNIX box you
can ftp the UNIX exectaubles from Avanti. They'll
setup and FTP account for you if one
isn't setup already to get the UNIX version.

You'd think Avanti would validate crash reports on the
platform the customer is running, especially when the
customer is testing new features. You also think they'd
take the time and run the testcase on NT as apposed to
suggesting to us to run it on UNIX - 'cause it works.

Had they done this a
month ago you and everyone else trying out the
new W-element feature on NT might have a fix by now!

As of today I have been informed of a fix on NT.

Marc

Marc Humphreys
Axiowave Networks, Inc
Marlborough, MA