Re: [SI-LIST] : Jitter measurement

From: Paul Levin ([email protected])
Date: Mon Mar 19 2001 - 22:03:07 PST

Mike,

I grant you that amplitude variation in the osciallator's output could
mask any jitter effects, but in single-frequency oscillators operating
from clean supplies supplies, I haven't encountered AM (amplitude
modulation) that was anything the like amount of PM (phase modu-
lation.) If this is truly a concern, and it may be for some *crystal*
oscillators, one could always use a limiter stage or two between the
oscillator and the spectrum analyzer in order to clobber the AM.

Paul