Temp'O Matic 2.0
- Tempserver is made an old Pentium 120MHz Digital Venturis 5120 pizzabox PC
- Temperature sensors are Dallas DS1820 or DS18L20
- Sensors are readed simple serialport adapter [25kb]
- Prestige PowerWare 7 UPS will keep server on the line at all the time. (It's 1700 VA UPS so it's like shooting the fly in 155mm cannon ;-)
- Operating system is Linux and Distripution is Mandrake-Linux 7.2
- Sensors are readed at 30 minute period with Digitemp program
- Temperature readings are saved in MySQL database
- All this information parsed together in www-page, which has been programmed using PHP
- Temperature graph generated with JpGraph graphics plotting library
- This piece of shit will be QPL-lisensed
The tempserver will be changed new one about october 2002 when our company moves another place in town.
Inside sensors will be assembled local network room. When temperature database grows the temp server are
getting too slow and i have to grap some slight newer hardware to get it faster.
Right now we are planning microcontroller based (Atmel AVR) weather station using RS-232/RS-485 serial bus.
Where to get it and last changes/bugfixes
You can get it here: tempomatic-2.0.tar.bz2[Last update 01.07.2002]
- 07.06.2002 Fixed bug in the file database_rights.txt that prevent rights to be saved in the mysql database when using make_database.sh script
- 01.07.2002 Fixed some minor bugs and translating scripts to english Updated FAQ and README.txt
- 05.08.2002 Fixed months.php to work properly.
Fist time use copy the package to your www-root (/var/www/html) then unpack it.
Type bzip2 -d tempomatic-2.0.tar.bz2 and then untar it typing tar -xvf tempomatic-2.0.tar
If You use previous version of Temp'O Matic unpack it first to your homedir and look changelog.txt what changes I made.
Read the README.txt and FAQ.txt carefully!
Temp'O Matic 2.0 Server list
Temp'O Matic 2.0 © Timo 'Boozeman' Viinanen 2002 Lisenced by the terms of QPL