Licensing information for Seychelles - S79

Prepared by: OH2MCN - Veke & Seiji Fukushima AH0AV/JH6RTO & 9M6DXX - Steve
Status: May-96, July '99 links added, 08

Intro: If you have a foreign ham license, you have no problems to get a license in the Seychelles. Allow at least a month or two for processing it.

Seychelles Licensing Authority
fao. the Director
P.O.Box 3
, Mahe
Republic of Seychelles
Tel. +248-224 314 / +248 283 444
Fax. +248-224 256
Email: md at
Physical location:
Right in the centre of Victoria, main crossing (ask)

Paperwork needed:
- Copy of your license
- Equipment description
- Application for a license (in triplicate)
The best way to get a license:
Send the two-page application in triplicate to the above address. There are many questions to be answered like: maintenance, purpose, apparatus, antennae, location, model-serial, frequencies, location... If you have not done the application work properly and early enough there may be surprisingly much running around.
500 Seychelles Rupee, approximately $100, and the valid interval is 3 months. Must be paid beforehand
Special calls:
Ask for it, otherwise they give you your initials
License restrictions:
No 80 m allowance and 40 m only 7050-7100 and 10 m no 28800 - 29000 kHz. 160 m 1810 - 1850 kHz.
Without license no equipment allowed to be imported into S79. They also "inspect" your equipment technically.
Useful local contacts:
There is a trielement tribander in Beau Vallon belonging to an HB9
Places to operate from:
Local hotels, guesthouses, none of them are cheap
Touristically very ideal place but by all means expensive. Licence fee is the highest ever heard of.

Veikko Komppa (Veke) <
oh2mcn at >

Seiji Fukushima < fksm at >

DX Holiday S7 - Seychelles Islands

For travel info see: SubWWWay to Africa

Back to MENU