Licensing information for Saint Martin - FJ, FS

Prepared by: OH2MCN - Veke & N2HIG - Chas
Status: April 1997, August 1997, Dec '99 links addded

Intro: You can easily obtain a license to operate from Saint Barthelemy or Saint Martin Island by sending application to the French PTT, Paris, France or using CEPT.

Ministère délégué à la Poste, aux Télécommunications et à l'Espace
Direction générale des Postes et Télécommunications
Services des Affaires Internationales
20, Ave. de Ségur
F - 75354 PARIS 07 SP

Telephone +33 1 43 19 58 45 / 20 20
Telegram Gentel Paris
Telex 042 250310 gentel x paris
Fax (3/a) +33 1 43 19 63 00

Paperwork needed:
Paper work is available from the ARRL or possibly your league (at least in Finland) or the French PTT. CEPT agreement applies to this territory and licensing according to T/R 61-01 is valid. (See CEPT)
The best way to get a license:
Warning, to obtain this license in time for departure get it LONG in advance. Or better yet, if possible a contact in France (preferably Paris) can obtain the ticket. License in hand upon arrival may prevent the confiscation of your radio amateur gear in ANY OUNTRY.
The cost I believe is about 70 FF or about twenty (closer to fifteen) dollars US (1994).
Special calls:
Usually FS or FJ/own call.
How long before you can operate?
License restrictions:
Useful local contacts:
Places to operate from:

Licensed for 1993 and 1994 (French). Sincerely, CF McGarvey N2HIG/FJ.

cfmcgarey < [email protected] >

Travel info: SubWWWay to the Caribbean

Back to MENU