Got this courtesy Jerry Rein on the Lotus Europa mail list.
- The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
- Lucas denies having invented the darkness. But they still claim the
"sudden, unexpected darkness"
- Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
- Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
- Lucas - Inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.
- The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off. The other three
switch settings - Smoke, Smolder and Burn.
- The Original Anti-Theft Device - Lucas Electrics.
- "I have had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never had any trou...
- If Lucas made guns, wars would not start either.
- Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo - It sank!
- It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal
Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they meet too much
- Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and
asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night,as
they all look the same ?" "He replied, it does not matter which one you
use, nothing happens !"
- Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began
manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which
did not suck.
- QA called and told the Engineering they had trouble with his design
shorting out so he made the wires longer.
- Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.
Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb.
Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
- Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: Check
the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise
around your car chanting: " Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your
- Lucas systems actually use AC current; it just has a random frequency
- "I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any
- Why do the English drink their beer WARM? Because their refrigerators are made by Lucas
- Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.
- LUCAS = Lord of Utter Chaos And Saprogenicity
Last update: 24 Nov. 2002