“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill,
that we shall pay any price, bear any burden,
meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe,
to assure the survival and the success of liberty."
QTH: Salem, Oregon.
Logbook of the World - LoTW - Please support it!
I was one of the operators at HZ1AB in 1954 (USAF) and from 1977 to 1986 (Aramco). To visit the HZ1AB WEB PAGE, click on the qsl card.
My ham interests are DXing and contesting. I have 345w/345c countries.
16 are deleted.
Here is a list of my most wanted (never worked DXCC countries) April 2007:
7O 9U EP FR/G FR/T P5 PYØ/S STØ SV/A TT
VE XE G GW PA DL 5A SU HZ CU KH6 JA KH2 KH4 KH8 KH9 JD1 HB9 SV SV9 OD TA VR2 DU HS VR6 V7 KB6/VR1
- ex-Trustee, Former Operators of HZ1AB, AB1HZ. Walt, W7SE, is new trustee.
- Past Member, San Diego DX Club,
- Past Member, Northern California DX
- Life Member, Dhahran Amateur Radio
Club, Saudi Arabia, HZ1AB
- Past Member, Western Washington DX
Club, Seattle, W7DX
- Past Member, Willamette Valley DX Club, Portland, W7AC
Click on calls for more info!
- W7YBI (1954-1955 & 1956-66), Oregon &
- KØBQE (1955-56), North Dakota
- KA2ZZ(1957-60), Johnson AB, Japan.
Photos and QSL added.
- W6HUQ (1966-1970), Oxnard, CA &
Maritime Mobile. 2006: Added 1969 photo of Tom Christian, VR6TC.
- KS6DY (KH8), (1970-74), Tafuna, Tutuila,
American Samoa. QSL card added.
- ZL1BBA (1972), North Island, New Zealand
- W7KJJ (1974-1996), Oregon and Washington. Added a picture of my WRTC station and the two Russian operators.
QSL cards added. 11/2001. Added photo of my station in Oregon, 1986-87
- K7JJ (1996-2002), California. In Oregon since 2002.
DX, Contest, Expedition Operator, or Visitor at
- G3HPL, RAF
Burtonwood, UK (1953) Photo of me and station setup
- 5A2TZ, Wheelus AFB, Tripoli, Libya (1954)
- HZ1AB, Dhahran Air Base, Saudi Arabia(1954)
- KA2RB, Johnson Air Base, Japan (1957-1960)
- KA2YA, Yokota Air Base, Japan (1960)
- KG6ICD, Marcus Island (Minami Tori Shima) (June, 1960)
- KX6BU, Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands (1966-1970)
- KG6FAE, Anderson AFB, Guam (1967-68)
- KM6BI, Midway Island (1968)
- KS6DH, Pago Pago, American Samoa (1970-73)
- HZ1AB, Dhahran IAP, Saudi Arabia (1977-86)
- XE2DV, Campo Los Olivos, Baja California (1999)
USAF Retired, 22 years. 10 active; 12 Reserve.
My Fixed Radio Station:
Kenwood TS-590S transceiver
Ameritron AL-80B Amp.
Cushcraft MA5B beam, up an amazing 20-feet.
QSO-King 88-foot end fed as an inverted-L.
Software: DX4WIN for station log and WriteLog for contest logging.
Computer: HP 4P @ 2.0 Ghz w/4 GB Ram
Page created by: Dave Earnest, K7JJ. Last updated, May, 2013.