WOG/BOG antenna - transformers
Do you operate with 'Wire on ground' antennas?
Are you unimpressed with the results?
Do you think that you are missing something?
If you are not using a K1FZ you are!
BOG/WOG antenna notes
A WOG / BOG antenna transformer, from Clark Electronics, is what you need to utilize your antenna to its full
potential! These transformers are specifically designed for the needs of an 'on ground' receiving antenna. They are proven effective in their design and craftsmanship by stations all over the world in a variety of climates and conditions!
What is so special about our Wire On Ground antenna transformers?
Both WOG/BOG KB-1 & KB-2 models include:
KB-1 ($60.00* with BN-202-73 core plus shipping)
- High efficiency ferrite binocular transformers with isolated 50 or 75 ohm primary windings.
- Very low inter-winding capacitance for minimum common noise transfer.
- Availability in 200 to 250 ohm antenna impedances)
- Very Low VSWR with matched loads taylored for DXing on the low bands.
- Transformers in attractive, rugged plastic project type boxes.
- Stainless steel wing nut connections for antenna wire(s) and ground connections.
- 50 ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F coax connectors.
- Individually calibrated units to eliminate variations found in mass production.
- Use of adequate core size to prevent saturation from adjacent local stations.
- Until further notice KB-1 WOG antenna transformers come with a 235 ohm resistor termination.
A 225 ohm single wire WOG/BOG transformer uses a binocular ferrite wound core and has a low VSWR into matched loads.
On ground antenna transformer combination price KB-2, KB-3 $150.00* plus shipping.
Designed to match your WOG/BOG antenna wire size, and wire spacing.
The two wire, two direction KB-2 uses custom winding for best impedance match possible!
Features of the KB-2
- Dual direction two wire WOG transformer has high efficiency.
- T1 binocular wound winding is accurately center tapped for optimum isolation between the two directions. (The output is wound for 50 or 75 ohms and electrically isolated.)
- T2 uses a binocular wound input winding and a electrically isolated 50 or 75 ohm output winding.
- A two wire WOG sketch is enclosed with each transformer.
- Two 50 Ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F connectors for coaxial lines to your radio. Termination of the un-used coax is not necessary for good results.
- Two wire switchable WOG/BOGs are described in popular antenna books.
- For more information check out the "WOG antenna notes" link on this page.
KB-3 End Termination Transformer !
- Wound to the impedance of your antenna for maximum signal recovery.
- The same quality construction as found in the KB-1 and KB-2 transformers.
- Transformers are housed in attractive, rugged plastic project type boxes.
- Wing nut connections for WOG wires and ground connection.
- Rust proof hardware (stainless steel).
- Designed to maximize your front to back gain !
All models are developed and produced in Belfast, Maine, USA.
(Prices are subject to change without notice and do not include shipping.)
BOG/WOG antenna notes
Beverage antenna; notes
Luis, IV3PRK, BOG antenna research at HC1PF
Luis, IV3PRK BOG antenna modeling at HC1PF
Flag, Pennant, Delta antenna transformers
1920's Long wave radio station 1XAO
73 de Bruce-k1fz at
65 Patterson Hill Road
Belfast, ME 04915-7300 USA
Tel. (207) 338-0474
Orders call, or email [email protected]
Currently Sales are to France, British Isles, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Norway, Sweeden, Finland, Iceland, Canada, United States, and U.S. Possessions.
QRZ call search QTH.com Free Ham Radio Clasifieds
Reconditioned Johnson Viking Courier amplifier for sale-in Maine pick up. $ 350.00