Both KB-1 and KB-2 models include:
Single wire Beverage.
- High efficiency ferrite binocular transformers with isolated 50 ohm (SO-239), or 75 ohm (F fitting) primary windings.
- Low inter-winding capacitance for minimum common noise transfer.
- Availability in other configurations. (150 to 600 ohm antenna to ground impedance)
- Very Low VSWR with matched loads taylored for DXing on the low bands.
- Transformers in attractive, rugged plastic project type boxes.
- Stainless steel wing nut connections for Beverage wire(s) and ground connections.
- 50 ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F coax connectors.
- Individually calibrated units to eliminate variations found in mass production.
- Use of adequate core size to prevent saturation from adjacent local stations.
KB-1 transformer ($ 50.00* with BN-202-73 core plus shipping) Until further notice, comes with a NTE metal oxide termination resistor.
A 450 ohm single wire above ground Beverage antenna transformer uses a binocular ferrite wound core and has a low VSWR into matched loads.
The KB-1 is available in low impedance for your BOG antenna.
Two wire, two direction Beverage antenna transformer.
Designed to match typical receiving/transmission line
and coax cable impedances.
Combination Beverage 160 meter/HF KB-2, KB-3 antenna transformers, reduced price $150.00* plus shipping.
Combination WOG/BOG antenna 1.8 MHZ KB-2, KB-3 transformers $150.00* plus shipping.
The two wire, two direction KB-2 uses custom winding for best impedance match possible!
Features of the KB-2
- Dual direction two wire Beverage transformer has high efficiency.
- Available 150 to 600 ohm antenna to ground impedance for the antenna wire that is best for your QTH and pocketbook.
- This system is designed to work with two wire Beverage antennas.
- T1 binocular wound winding is accurately center tapped for optimum isolation between the two directions. (The output is wound for 50 or 75 ohms and electrically isolated.)
- T2 uses a binocular wound input winding and a electrically isolated 50 ohm (SO-239) or 75 ohm (F fitting)output winding.
- A two wire Beverage sketch is enclosed with each transformer.
- Two 50 ohm SO-239, or 75 ohm F connectors for coaxial lines to your radio. Termination of the un-used coax is not necessary for good results.
- Two wire switchable Beverages are described in popular antenna books.
- For more information check out the "Beverage antenna notes" link on this page.