Welcome to the Big Thicket Amateur Radio Club
Dear fellow/future Ham,1. Let’s have fun! – Amateur Radio is a hobby and should be fun! It is a social hobby. By participating in
You are invited and encouraged, if you have not done so, to join or renew your membership to the Big Thicket Amateur Radio Club. Also, please join or renew your membership to the ARRL.
The Benefits of Membership:
club events you will meet other hams that share your passion.
2. Mentoring – Do you need help learning a new mode or just stuck on a project?
3. Elmering – Are you ready to upgrade your license or have friend that want to get licensed?
4. Help with installations – The club is a great source of (expertise) opinions and elbow grease.
5. Resources for PS projects – Are you a member of another service organization that needs people or
communications support? BTARC can likely help.
6. Socializing - Remember that Ham radio is what geeks did before computers. Ha-Ha. There are
many brilliant people in our community. BTARC is a great way to meet and mingle with people that
share the same hobby – HAM RADIO! (and computers)
7. Education – There is a plethora of educational and instructional information available to ARRL members
both in print and on their website.
Club Membership is $20/yr for an individual and $30 for a family (same address). $12.00 for Associate Membership
ARRL membership or renewal is $39 ($36 for seniors).Lets not forget the Fun of participating in Public events such as the
Boy scout Jambore on the air and The many bike rides as well as races that
the club and it members support each year.