About This Form
Amateur Radio donates thousands of
man-hours of supplementary public service communications in civil emergencies,
official drills and events such as parades and marathons each year. Such
events show Amateur Radio in its best light, and it is critically important
that ARRL bring documentation of this public service work to the attention
of the Congress, the FCC and other public officials. Your information below
is an important addition to the record. Please complete and return this
form to the Public Service Branch at ARRL Headquarters. Thank you.
1. Nature of activity (Check one).
Alert. Amateurs were deployed for emergency communications, but emergency situation did not develop.
3. Places or areas involved: Susitna River Valley
4. Number of amateurs participating: 19
5. Event start date/time: 26 Feb 00/0800 6. Event end date/time: 27 Feb 00/1000
7. Duration of event (hours): 38 8. Total man-hours: 300
9. Number of repeaters used: 3
10. Estimated manpower cost: $3,000 (man-hours times $10/hr)
11. Estimated cost of equipment used: $20,000 (hand-helds, repeaters, etc.)
12. Total estimated cost of service: $23,000 (add amounts from lines 10 and 11)
13. Nets and/or frequencies used (including repeater call signs): 147.09 KL7DJE repeater, 146.64 KL7DOB repeater, 146.85 KL7JFU repeater
14. Number of messages handled: Continuous Tactical Traffic
15. Names of agencies receiving communications support: Iditarod Trail Committee
16. Please list call signs of amateurs who were major participants: KL0DY, KL7HHO, AL7FI, WL7BD, KC2BYX, KL0EO, NL7SK
17. Other comments:
Please attach photos of amateurs in action, newspaper clippings or other data.
Name of Amateur Radio organization providing service: Matanusaka Amateur Radio Association (MARA) at http://www.obarr.net/mara/
Location of organization: City or town: Palmer State: AK
Your name: Kent Petty Call sign: KL5T
Address: 2229 Turnagain Parkway, Anchorage, AK 99517
ARRL appointment, if any: Alaska Section Manager, Volunteer Examineer, ARES Member
e-mail address: [email protected]
Telephone: (907) 552-9780
I attest that the information provided above is complete and true to the best of my knowledge.
Larry K Petty, KL5T 3 Apr 00