Tokyo International Amateur Radio Association
The next meeting will be Friday, October 19th,
starting at 7PM in Jiyugaoka, Meguro-ku.
The meeting will be held in Meeting Room 1 of the
Jiyugaoka Juku Center,
1-24-12 Jiyugaoka, Meguro-ku. It is
about a 5 minute walk from Jiyugaoka Station.
The Tokyo International Amateur Radio Association (TIARA)
holds monthly meetings in English usually in Jiyugaoka, Tokyo.
Jiyugaoka is just a few minutes from
Shibuya on the Tokyu Toyoko Line, or from Oimachi
on the Tokyu Oimachi Line.
Meetings are held on the third Friday of most months except
August (Field Day & Ham Fair) and December (Christmas Party).
The meetings are open not only to members, but other
English-speaking hams and foreigners residing in or
visiting Japan interested in amateur radio.
Notes from some Past Meetings
- FC-1 40 Meter CW Transceiver April Update (and latest additions to his QRP Labs QCX Transceiver) (video) (slides) (demonstration video) by Rick Swanton JI1HSV/KK6PRB
- Ham Radio in Hell and High Water: Lessons from Japan's Earthquake, Tsunami, and Nuclear Crisis (video) (slides with notes) by Ken Nollet JO7XVL/K0EN
- QRP Labs QCX Transceiver (video) (slides) by Rick Swanton JI1HSV/KK6PRB
- 40 Meter CW Transceiver Update by Rick Swanton JI1HSV/KK6PRB
- Miniature Wifi Remote Controller (video) (slides) (photos) by Arie Lukkassen JE1RYS/KI6EWA
- Winlink and SOTA (video) by Arnaud Decornez JG1XMV/KD2AFE
- 40 Meter CW Transceiver (video) (slides) (photos) by Rick Swanton JI1HSV/KK6PRB
- Remote HF Station Operation (video) by Dan Domondon 7J1ABD/WA6URY
- From 9.11 to 3.11 and Beyond: (Transfusion) Medicine and Amateur Radio (compressed PDF with notes) by Ken Nollet JO7XVL/K0EN
- Low Pass Filter Design Example & Simulation (video) (slides) by Arie Lukkassen JE1RYS/KI6EWA
On the Air Meeting
TIARA members gather on 21.320 MHz at 1000 JST (0100Z) most Sundays
for an informal chat. Join us! You can also participate by
connecting to the TIARA VoIP network.
Officers Re-Elected March, 2012
Internet Mailing List
The 7J1 mailing list
on Yahoo Groups discusses topics of interest to foreign amateur operators in Japan.
You can subscribe or visit the archives using
the web interface
or by sending a blank email to 7j1-subscribe at yahoogroups.com.
TIARA sponsors the JR1VI repeater located in Meguro, Tokyo. 434.980in/439.980out (77Hz subaudible tone) and 1272.980in/1292.980out (88.5Hz subaudible tone).
TIARA uses a combination of IRLP, WIRES, and and EchoLink to build a VoIP network
in Tokyo. You are welcome to join us on the air via:
US Amateur Exams in Tokyo
The ARRL VEC Tokyo VE Team (which is not directly affiliated with
TIARA, but which includes some members) conducts examinations
for US amateur radio licenses at least twice a year in the Tokyo area.
The next session
will be December 22
at the Takinogawa Higashi-Kumin Center.
Information and pre-registration are available from
ARRL VEC Tokyo
Start studying now!
A US amateur license can be your gateway to getting a Japanese
reciprocal license while you are here.
You can also check
the ARRL US amateur exam registry for Japan to find other sessions.
Operating in Japan
Questions and Comments
This website is maintained by
Jim Tittsler 7J1AJH/AI8A/ZL2IA
and suggestions are welcome.
Last modified: Thu Oct 18 18:04:16 JST 2018