Marlboro Wine and Food Festival Award
This award arranged by Branch 22 to coincide with the Marlborough Wine and Food Festival Award held each year in the month of February (in the year 2001 - Sunday 11 February 2001 to Sunday 18 February inclusive). The festival celebrates the beginning of the grape harvest and the rich diversity of vineyard, orchard, pasture and ocean products that go to make Marlborough the "Gourmet Province". Participants in the Award will receive an attractive certificate carrying the special event call-sign ZL6MWF.
- Certificate will be sent to ZL stations presenting Log Sheets claiming 20 points, including one contact with ZL6MWF and enclosing $3.00 to cover printing and postage.
- Certificates will be sent to overseas stations presenting Log Sheets claiming 10 points, including one contact with ZL6MWF and enclosing $3.00 (New Zealand equivalent) (NOT postal coupons) to cover printing and postage and be received before March 31.
- Log Sheets must show date, call-sign, signal report, Branch 22 operator's name, points claimed.
- All applications for the award must be made in writing to :
The Award Secretary, Branch 22 NZART, PO Box 432, Blenheim 7315, New Zealand.
ZL6MWF will only be counted once.
- Six points for working ZL6MWF (compulsory).
- Three points for working ZL2KS (Club Station).
- Two points for working any member of Branch 22.
Other stations including the Club Station ZL3KS may not be worked more than once on any particular day but may be worked on different days.
Times and Frequincies
ZL6MWF and ZL2KS may appear on any band at any time but will be active exclusively on 80m around 3.575MHz-+ between 20:00 hours and 21:00 hours each evening during the award period.
Members of Branch 22 involved in giving out points will advertise the fact by adding the words "for Branch 22 Award" in their normal call and may also appear on any band at any time.
Back to Awards table