Manawatu Amateur Radio Society Windmil Award
There are 48windmills overlooking the city generating electricity for the national grid. Forty eight points requiredbeing a number of windmils overlooking the city. Contacts to be made on any band and any mode made up the following points.
- Stations may only be contacted once and must be financial members of Branch 20 at time of contact.
- Club station ZL2KO (compulsory contact) - 10 points
- Club president - 5 points
- Vice-president - 4 points
- Committe member - 4 points
- Any other branch member - 3 points
- All contacts to be made after September 1st, 2000.
- Overseas stations only need to contact 5 branch members and the Club station is not a compulsory contact for them.
- The award is open to all amateurs and SWLers.
- The cost of the award is NZ$5.00, overseas US$5.00.
- Please note that this is a separate award to the Branch DX award although it is open to DXers.
- Applications should be sent to:
Manawatu Amateur Radio Society
PO Box 1718
Palmerston Nort 5330
Back to Awards table