Camp Casey is located at Dongducheon, north of UiJongBu along MSR #3, approximately forty miles North of Seoul. It encompasses nearly 3500 acres. Dongducheon has also been pronounced Tongduchon and is commonly referred to by the soldiers as TDC.
Camp Casey was named in honor of Major Hugh B. Casey. During the Korean War, Major Casey was awarded the Distinguished Service Cross for action at Hungnam Beachhead while serving with the 7th Infantry Regiment, 3d Infantry Division. He later became aide to the Commanding General of the 3d Infantry Division. Major Casey was killed in a light aircraft crash, in 1951, at the site where the camp named in his honor was ultimately built.
Camp Casey was memorialized in January 1952. When the 3d withdrew from Korea, Camp
Casey was taken over by the 2d Infantry Division. It later became Headquarters for the 7th
Infantry Division, and in 1971 the 2d Infantry Division reoccupied it once more.