[SI-LIST] : CONTAINING OVERSHOOTS/UNDERSHOOTS ON PCI BUSES

From: Chandan Das ([email protected])
Date: Tue Feb 27 2001 - 05:32:59 PST

Hi,

In my application, an Intel 21154 is used to bridge
two PCI buses. As per its latest update, the 21154's
clamping circuit may not function properly when its
VIO pin is connected to 3.3V. Ringing may be observed
on some PCI signals. This is precisely what I am
observing.

The workaround suggested is to connect the VIO pin to
5V. This is not possible on my PCB. Hence I have
decided to connect these clamping diodes externally.

1. Is there any other way to contain the overshoots on
PCI bus signals?
2. Has anyone out there used clamping diodes
externally? If so, please do provide me the
Manufacturer's part number & important parameters
(reverse recovery time, etc.) of the clamping diode
chosen.

The latest update is available at
http://developer.intel.com/design/bridge/specupdt/278295.htm

Thanks,