Re: [SI-LIST] : Differential End Termination

From: K.Orthner ([email protected])
Date: Sun Feb 25 2001 - 17:10:05 PST

Anthony,

OnSemi (formerly Motorola) has a good application note about
differential termination. It explains the different ways it can be done,
and the tradeoffs involved. It focusses primarily on (P)ECL, but the
principles are the same for LVDS and other differential signals.

http://www.onsemi.com/pub/Collateral/and8020rev0.pdf

Also, I've heard many people mention the MECL System Design
Handbook, and it took me a while to find it (searching Motorola's
web site.) . . . This too can be found on the OnSemi web site.

Hope this helps,
-Kent

--
Kent Orthner                         ??  ??
Furukawa Electric                    ??????

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stockalis, Anthony" <[email protected]> To: <[email protected]> Sent: Saturday, February 24, 2001 4:21 Subject: [SI-LIST] : Differential End Termination