RE: [SI-LIST] : PCI length calculations

From: [email protected]
Date: Wed Feb 21 2001 - 13:29:18 PST

Hello,

Thankyou for your reply.

Length(maximum) has not been specified in the PCI spec or elsewhere.
Practically, boards are routed with lengths of around 10-13 inches for
33MHz.

In my case, I have 8 loads, with a trace impedance of 60 ohms. Using a daisy
chain topology, with simulations,
for both corners, to meet the setup and hold times will determine my maximum
trace length. Am i correct?
In a case where there are 10 loads, to meet the setup and hold times, the
length will have to be lesser than with 8 loads.
Am i correct

I have the following questions:
Is there any other preferred topology for routing PCI bus signals? This is
other than Daisy chain topology.

In what way is REQ# and GNT# different from AD signals in regard to the
timing?
Can you explain?

Regards
suchitha