Re: [SI-LIST] : Question regarding Host Bus simulation simulation

From: Mike LaBonte ([email protected])
Date: Sat Feb 17 2001 - 09:06:46 PST

Rahul,

If you memory controller has open drain or open source
outputs, your buffer delay measurement fixture must
have a pullup or pulldown resistor and the correct
reference voltage.

You are no doubt using on-the-fly buffer delay
measurement, which places extra "test coupon" circuitry
in each simulation to get the design delays and standard
buffer delays in one shot. Open the memory controller
pin in the IbisDevice Editor, and use the Buffer Delays
window to set the test load conditions and simulate
the buffer delay right there. If you have to experiment
to get the test load info right, this will be faster
than running your net simulations over and over.

Mike LaBonte