Re: [SI-LIST] : Flight time measurememt for Mobile processor

From: Tadashi ARAI ([email protected])
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 01:40:31 PST

Hi Suchitha,

I met this issue and was confused too, but now it was a legend.

Receiver waveform sometime appears before the driver waveform has reached
to its end of swing. Note that you have observed not only driven
waveform but also reflections. It was reasonable result.

So that you should consider about substitution of reflections from
observed waveform, but it must be difficult.
You can measure the propagation delay instead of the flight time.

To measure propagation delay, you should know the driver delay, in XTK
words "TIME_TO_VM". You can measure it from simulation using a test
fixture, or it was automatically calculated in ibis2xtk.
Prop. delay was measured from when driver waveform reached to
measurement voltage (Vmeas) with test fixture, to the time receiver
waveform reached to Vmeas.

I hope this helps you.

Regards,
Tadashi Arai//Platform Developing Dept.,Desktop Prd Div. Fujitsu Limited
[email protected] TEL:+81-42-370-7624 Inagi-shi, Tokyo, Japan
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001 15:09:16 -0800
Mail from [email protected] described as below: