Re: [SI-LIST] : Availability of any ON-Line Electrical Engineering Glossary/Dictionary Reference Resources

From: Offer Kaye ([email protected])
Date: Tue Jan 30 2001 - 02:10:58 PST

I don't know if these are quite what you meant, but I know of:
http://www.eet.com/mediakit99/edaterms.html - A glossary of EDA terms.
http://www.ipc.org/html/T50.htm - Industry Acronym List
http://www.tpub.com/dictionary/index.htm - A Technical Dictionary
http://www.lib.virginia.edu/reference/engineering/electrical.html - EE
Internet Reference Sources, including an Electronics Dictionary, a
Glossary of Packet Terms, and more.

Frankly, though, no on-line ref comes even close in my mind to an actuall
paper/cd dictionary, for the simple reason that the paper/cd costs money,
hence more effort was initially put into it. Maybe there is a site where
you can access such a Dictionary after paying money? I don't know of such
a site, though I do know the the Oxford English Dictionary:
http://dictionary.oed.com/entrance.dtl
Is a *very* comprehensive dictionary, and it consts money...

hope this helps...

Offer Kaye
[email protected]