RE: [SI-LIST] : Differential pair - How to compensate for differe nt length?

From: [email protected]
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 09:59:03 PST

Vinu,
What you have said:
"The trace that is shorter on the PCB is connected to a longer
trace on the BGA."
is probably, but not always true. Not all BGA connections can be made with
shortest path.

But it is appropriate to consider the total length difference (silicon pad
to pad) and how that compares to the rise time of the signals.

Aubrey Sparkman
Signal Integrity
[email protected]
(512) 723-3592