Re: [SI-LIST] : Problems with XNS

From: DORIN OPREA ([email protected])
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 09:00:57 PST

I had the same problem and this is due to the fact that the CAD is allowed to
route two traces that start from the same point with small separation or even
no separation at all. None the less the two traces represent the same signal.
XFX does not accept two conductors to touch.
Solution:
1) check your design in CAD tool for DRC on 'sleeves' (this is the name of the
configuration)
2) do not run xfx_lib which introduces approximations (rounds the spacing
between the conductors mainly to reduce the number of the configuration to be
simulated)
3) check the reference planes within the stack up and in quad.gcf file change
them to signal plane (I believe PLANE -> SIG_PLANE) in case you have routed
signals on reference planes.

Good luck,
Dorin