Re: [SI-LIST] : CPW and CPS

From: Bob Lewandowski ([email protected])
Date: Fri Jan 19 2001 - 18:58:11 PST

CPW can have some bizarre mode problems that are not intuitive. Particularly,
large multilayer structures. What's ground, and what's not is frequently the
issue. Also getting a clean, mode free, launch is a bigger problem then with
microstrip or stripline. Dimensional tolerances are much tighter also. We did
it with thin film on ceramic.

The old software that I used along time ago (equation based) left a lot to be
desired. Cut and try was the order of the day. New 3D solvers should help a
lot.

---Bob Lewandowski
    Vixel Corp.